Upcoming Events

  • 4/22: Merrillville, IN (AKC Agility)
  • 4/23-24: Barrington, IL (USDAA Agility)
  • 5/7-8: FCI World Team Tryouts, Minnesota
  • 5/20-22: Ft. Worth, TX USDAA Regional
  • 6/3-5: Perry, GA USDAA Regional
  • 8/5-7: IL USDAA Regional
  • 10/11-16: Cynosport Championships (Louisville, KY)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Agility

The boys and I had a wonderful, busy weekend this past weekend. We were at a great, new facility that was indoors with the a/c pumping all weekend... which was greatly appreciated with all the heat and humidity.

This trial was fun because both of my parents saw Rumor run for the 1st time and my dad hasn't seen Dylan run before either -- I think they enjoyed themselves.

Dylan was a very happy, sassy boy and had a blast running agility again. On Saturday he was a bit goofy in standard and didn't think the yellow would be fun to touch, but he had a very nice JWW run and it was great with just 1 dropped bar. On Sunday, a bar in each class was his only problem as well... so he was a good man!

I feel like Rumor and I are really starting to become a team and it feels great. On Saturday he was flying around the jumpers course and, unfortunately, I didn't support 1 jump enough so he missed that, but the rest was fantastic He also had a lovely standard run so I was happy with that. On Sunday he had another smokin' JWW run and dropped the 2nd to last bar, but I was still thrilled with it. And our standard run was going really well until I got impatient and rear crossed too soon and pulled him off a jump.

Overall, I was THRILLED with Rumor... I pulled him off of jumps in 2 of our runs and he only knocked 1 bar in our 3rd run... the rest of his running was great so I'm looking forward to our next trial!

No comments: