Upcoming Events

  • 4/22: Merrillville, IN (AKC Agility)
  • 4/23-24: Barrington, IL (USDAA Agility)
  • 5/7-8: FCI World Team Tryouts, Minnesota
  • 5/20-22: Ft. Worth, TX USDAA Regional
  • 6/3-5: Perry, GA USDAA Regional
  • 8/5-7: IL USDAA Regional
  • 10/11-16: Cynosport Championships (Louisville, KY)

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Aloha Hawaii

Rumor and I were lucky enough to be 1 of 5 dogs invited to introduce DockDogs to Hawaii with 2 National events just outside of Honolulu. They were very long weekends, but we had a blast! The people we met there were great and I hope they have success with their new club... Aloha DockDogs. In between events we had 4 days off so Rumor got to do plenty of playing on beaches, hiking and enjoying all of the scenery.

Rumor had trouble the 1st weekend in Hawaii because we haven't ever competed at night under lights before and it didn't occur to me, but he wasn't able to see his toy in the water, since I do place and send with him. The glare from the lights made it quite difficult. We didn't start off strong, but we ended the 2nd weekend really well. I found toys that Rumor could see under the glare of the lights at night and it made a huge difference. I was so excited when Rumor finished his Super Elite title since he's the 1st Border Collie to ever earn this National title! In addition to that, he was consistently jumping over 25', which just blew me away. He even set a new personal best of 26'... which, I believe, is the farthest jump in DockDogs for any Border Collie as well -- he just keeps getting better and better!

No comments: