Upcoming Events

  • 4/22: Merrillville, IN (AKC Agility)
  • 4/23-24: Barrington, IL (USDAA Agility)
  • 5/7-8: FCI World Team Tryouts, Minnesota
  • 5/20-22: Ft. Worth, TX USDAA Regional
  • 6/3-5: Perry, GA USDAA Regional
  • 8/5-7: IL USDAA Regional
  • 10/11-16: Cynosport Championships (Louisville, KY)

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cleveland Cluster...

It was definitely not the nicest treck to get out to Cleveland for a 4 day AKC trial, but once we were there... it was really quite a nice weekend. Lisa was showing on Thur/Fri with me so it was really fun to spend some time with her too.

Thursday: Lisa ran Dylan in Std... they had so much fun together! He had some trouble with the weaves, but they did VERY nicely. His JWW run was nice, but we missed the weaves again... Rumor, on the other hand, had some fantastic weaves this weekend! I was thrilled. His Std run was lovely, but I messed up on some handling aspects. Our JWW run was a bit messier.

Friday: I was very happy that Dylan got his last ExcA JWW Q to finish his AJP title! FINALLY! Onto ExcB... again Rumor had another couple nice runs with just a tiny mistake in each... our Std run he even got his first ExcB Q! He ended up in 2nd place... I think the class had 50+ dogs in it. I was proud of him... I think he even got 34 or 36 MACH points... his 1st MACH points ever :)

Saturay: I ran Tractor because Lisa had to fly to Boston for work... T was such a good boy! He is SUCH an honest dog... reminds me very much of Abby (aka Pants). We ended up getting a Q in ExcA Std (2nd place) and also in ExcA JWW (1st place) -- I was so happy with his performance! Always hard for a 'green' dog to run with a brand new person, but he did great. Rumor also had a couple really nice runs with just 1 or 2 mistakes in them.

Sunday: I only ran Rumor today... wanted to get out of Ohio quickly and head home. Our Std run was nice, but I rushed him from the teeter to the weaves (b/c he didn't hold the teeter I got flustered) and he missed the entrance. In JWW he was in the weaves and came out just looking around... not sure if something distracted him or what, but it was a very odd behavior on his part... the rest of his runs were wonderful!

Overall, it was a great weekend... my only regret is deciding not to do the ISC classes -- they would have been above our heads, for sure, but looked like SO MUCH FUN! I'm really looking forward to the ISC classes at Louisville -- and I'm definitely doing them no matter what... won't be talked out of it this time :)

2 comments:

OdyDog said...

Where is my Rumor video?

Congrats again on a great weekend- I wish we could have been there. You did a great job with Tractor, and I agree- watching him run JWW with you and those two jumps that he could have taken- he is such an honest dog just like Pants.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you were able to run him! Thanks for the comparison to Abby - that in itself is a huge compliment! Can't wait till we can trial with you guys again later this year! :)